WHAT ARE PILONIDAL CYSTS?
Pilonidal cysts is a type of chronic skin infection which usually happens in and around the bottom area of the tailbone. Similar to other types of cysts, pilonidal cysts are linked to pus, and the likelihood of the infection is quite high. They might grow bigger and subsequently develop as a response to the ingrown hair under the skin. These infected cysts might be relatively painful and make it difficult for those victims to sit or walk. Moreover, in several severe cases, the cysts might even develop to rupture, ooze pus and bleeding.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF PILONIDAL CYSTS?
It is indicated that the causes of pilonidal cysts are the loose hair invading into the skin. Subsequently, the body will regard the hair as a foreigner object, and the immune system will response to the hair and create a cyst around the hair. In addition, any injury happens in that area might be the cause for the development of the pilonidal cysts.
Symptoms of the Pilonidal Cysts-
At the initial stage, the cyst might grow as a big pimple at the affected area. However, once infected, they can swell and form a closed sac full of ooze or abscesses. Along with that, you may experience pain while sitting and walking as well as inflamed skin. In some complicated cases, you might suffer from fever, nausea, and malaise as well.
It seems like men obtain the higher chance of getting this disease more than women do. In addition, the risk may increase when the individual is obese or experience excess body hair. Also, a poor lifestyle and inactive habit might increase the risk as well.
The Remedies for Pilonidal Cysts
1. TEA TREE OIL- This essential oil is another efficient method to adopt in order to cure pilonidal cysts. It possesses healing and curative ability which are pressed under antibacterial, anti – inflammatory as well as antifungal properties which will help you to prevent the infection at the initial stage.
• Dilute the oil with water (1 part of oil, 10 parts of water)
• Apply on the injured area and let it sit for several minutes
• Wash off with water and let it sit for some minutes
• Repeat the process for some several times a day.
2. TURMERIC- Turmeric is not only an amazing spice in culinary aspect, but it also is an important key in the treatment of pilonidal cysts. The curcumin properties found in turmeric powder may significantly reduce the pain as well as inflammation caused by pilonidal cysts. Moreover, the antiseptic compounds in turmeric may prevent any further infection.
• Mix some turmeric powder with water to form a paste.
• Apply the paste directly on the afflicted area
• Let it dry
• Wash off with water
• Repeat the process for 2 – 3 times on a daily basis for several days
• Alternatively, you may consume a cup of milk mixed with turmeric powder, which will provide the same results.
3. ALOE VERA- In terms of regulating the healing process and significantly reducing the pain as well as swelling, aloe vera ranks relatively high in the chart of getting rid of pilonidal cysts. Thanks to its amazing anti – inflammatory and antiviral compounds, aloe vera can be used to reduce the discomforts and boost the healing stage of pilonidal cyst.
• Extract the gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf
• Apply the gel directly on the skin
• Let it sit for 20 minutes before cleaning it off with warm water
• Repeat the process 2 – 3 times on a daily basis.
• Alternatively, soak a cotton swab into the gel for 5 – 10 minutes
• Apply on the affected area for half an hour
• Wait for 2 hours, and repeat the process.
• Do this for at least one week.
4. INDIAN LILAC (NEEM)- You may adopt Indian Lilac, or also called Neem, to get rid of pilonidal cyst. Thanks to its incredible natural antiviral and antibacterial properties, Indian lilac can be used to boost the healing method as well as prevent further infection.
• Grind some neem leaves to create a paste.
• Apply it on the afflicted area
• Let it sit for 20 minutes before washing it off
• Repeat the process for several times a day.
• Alternatively, you can steam some neem leaves in a pot of hot water till it evaporates to half
• Strain and let the water cool to temperature room
• Wash the affected area with that solution several times a day.
5. BLACK TEA BAGS- The acidic compound in black tea is able to prevent the cysts from becoming worse and exterminate any further infection. The anti – inflammatory properties may offer the soothing relief for the pain and swelling as well.
• Soak a black tea bag in warm water for several minutes
• Squeeze out the excessive water
• Apply the pack on the troubled area for several minutes
• Repeat the process for several times daily until you notice the improvement.
6. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR- Apple cider vinegar’s anti – inflammatory properties may help you to cut down the inflammation caused by pilonidal cysts. Moreover, its antiseptic compounds also block the development of bacterial in the cysts so that it can boost up the healing process. Use this solution for thicker eyebrows as well.
• Mix some organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with warm water
• Dip a cotton swab in the clarification and apply directly on the affected area
• Repeat the process for several times on a daily basis.
• Alternatively, you can consume the mixture of the warm water mixed with apple cider vinegar twice a day to boost the healing process.